Aleph Beta Controller
The Controller helps ensure Aleph Beta hits its financial goals by assisting the executive team to maintain a pulse on the financial health of the organization at all times. He or she provides transparency regarding the organization’s accounts payable/receivable, payroll, and other revenue streams and costs. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant.. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for the executive team to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
Objectives of this Role:
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Provide guidance for budgeting, financial, and human resource allocation
- Document finance processes and ensure they’re followed by all (Reimbursements, invoices, payroll, international payments, budget, etc.)
- Assist management with important financial decisions
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Prepare the profit and loss report for the executive team. Review and ensure accuracy of the budget vs. actuals
- Review month-end financials, suggest appropriate cuts, and investments; keep leadership team aware of targets
- Prepare for annual audit
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics
- Oversee regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance
- Provide guidance for budgeting and financial and human resource allocation
- Provide Recommendations on benefits and policies as well as benefit management
- Run Payroll, Pay invoices, manage reimbursements, etc.
- Organize and keep record of all important finance, legal, and admin documents
- Oversee and support book-keeping ensuring accuracy, consistency, and timeliness
- BA in business, accounting or related field
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- 3+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Quickbooks
- CPA a plus
- Experience with Gusto and Chartmogul a plus
- Detail oriented
- Organization and project management
- Research and problem solving
- Ability to communicate and cascade financial information to non-finance people
- Highly accountable and trustworthy
About Aleph Beta:
Aleph Beta is a growing Jewish non-profit media company producing high quality animated Bible videos and podcasts for teenagers and adults. We believe that Torah is meant to be our guide, but we don’t always know exactly how. No one reads the Bible like it’s a self-help manual, right? Aleph Beta’s mission is to read the text closely, and to discover, in surprising ways, how the Torah isn’t just a rulebook, but a guidebook, one that has profound wisdom that is relevant and meaningful in our everyday lives.
Aleph Beta is unique in that it is technically a non-profit, but we are run as a startup. Working here affords you unique opportunities to hone your skills in a lean environment, focus on growth in what is essentially a SaaS business, and feel good about what you do for a living.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to put your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line.