For California Residents
The CCPA permits natural persons who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third-parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. We do not sell, rent, trade or share Personal Information with third-parties for their own marketing purposes.
We do not sell your data. We only disclose Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties as set forth in this Policy. You have the right to request information from us regarding whether we share certain categories of your Personal Information with third parties for our marketing purposes. To the extent we share your Personal Information in this way, you may request information related to (i) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for such purpose during the 12 months and (ii) the names and addresses of third parties that received such information.
Disclosures About the Sources and Uses of Personal Information
This includes several categories of Personal Information as defined by the CCPA:
- Identifiers, such as name, postal address, telephone number or e-mail address;
- Personal information as defined under the California Customer Records statute (California Civil Code § 1798.80(e)) such as contact information or financial information;
- Commercial information, such as transaction information, and billing and payment history;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history, interactions with our website, and Internet Protocol (IP) location;
- Geolocation data, such as device location and Internet Protocol (IP) location when you interact with our website;
California residents have the right to:
- Know your Personal Information. The CCPA permits users of our services who are California residents to request and obtain from us twice a year, free of charge, information related to Personal Information we have collected in the 12 months preceding the request, including the categories of Personal Information collected, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information that we disclose to third parties and the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information. See further instructions for receiving your Personal Information, below.
- Delete your Personal Information. You may request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from your use of the services. We will delete your information unless it is necessary for purposes permitted by CCPA. See further instructions for deleting your Personal Information, below.
- Opt-Out. The CCPA gives you certain rights to opt-out of the sale of any of your Personal Information. Since we never sell, rent or trade your Personal Information, you need take no further option to opt-out from the sale of your Personal Information.
- Consent to new uses. Before we use Personal Information for any purpose not previously disclosed to you, we will notify you of this new use and obtain explicit consent from you to use it for this purpose.
- Non-discrimination. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not deny services to you or provide different quality of services, unless that difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your data.
- Authorize an Agent. You may designate an agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. To do so, please provide the agent a written letter appointing the agent, acknowledged before a notary public. The agent must furnish a copy of the appointing letter to us when taking action under the CCPA on your behalf. You may also point an agent using a power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code, Sections 4000 to 4465.
To request information about your own Personal Information, including information about the categories and specific pieces of information collected, or to request that we delete your Personal Information, please contact us at the contact information shown below. In accordance with CCPA requirements, your request must (1) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative, and (2) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identify or authority to make the request and confirm the requested personal information relates to you. Making a request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a request to verify the requester’s identity or authority to make the request.
Hoffberger Institute for Text Study, Inc
8 Lombardy St. #40833
Newark, NJ 07102