Office Manager / Executive Assistant
AKA: Head of Office Operations, Director of Employee Happiness
Aleph Beta is an organization bursting with passion and creative energy. We’re very results-driven, but we also believe that the fastest and most sustainable way to achieve success is by focusing on our employees. We’re looking for someone who cares deeply for others and believes in supporting and facilitating the success of their colleagues.
You are the guardian of the heart and soul of our company: our well-being and our culture. Your role will be to be accountable for the staff including office management and work optimization initiatives.
Additionally, you are the steward and assistant for our busy, exciting, and kind-hearted Founder and Lead Scholar, Rabbi David Fohrman. A creative, intellectual leader like Rabbi Fohrman has varying needs depending on the day, and you can handle whatever gets thrown at him. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves to support a Torah visionary, from making sure he gets to the airport on time, to welcoming an important donor to the office, and everything in between.
The role promises high personal and professional growth. We are a company of creatives, and seek to incorporate the values that we teach into our own company. We value focus and a healthy work-life balance. This is a full time job located in Inwood (Long Island), NY.
Aleph Beta is a growing non-profit media company producing high quality animated Torah videos and podcasts for teenagers and adults. We believe that Torah is meant to be our guide, but we don’t always know exactly how. No one reads Bible like it’s a self-help manual, right? Aleph Beta’s mission is to read the text closely, and to discover, in surprising ways, how the Torah isn’t just a rulebook, but a guidebook, one that has profound wisdom that is relevant and meaningful in our everyday lives.
Aleph Beta is unique in that it is technically a non-profit, but we are run as a startup. Working here affords you unique opportunities to hone your skills in a lean environment, focus on growth in what is essentially a SaaS business, and feel good about what you do for a living.
Care for Staff
- Work closely with our CEO, COO, and leadership team to continue to build Aleph Beta into a fulfilling, rewarding, and collegial place to work
- Develop and deploy initiatives to drive employee engagement, culture, and a strong sense of team across our company for in-person and remote teams
- Plan company-wide events such as offsites and holiday parties
- Manage office decor, keep the office stocked with supplies and snacks, and cultivate a vibe that enhances happiness and productivity
- Plan and research employee training, guest speakers, books, and other professional development
- Help prepare for meetings
- Make travel arrangements for executives
- Support executives’ communication with donors
- Provide support in scheduling, tending to family obligations
- Bring positivity and a can-do attitude to random surprising scenarios
What We Are Looking For
- 2+ Years in Office Management or Administrative work (if you do not have this experience, convince us why we should hire you anyway!)
- Undergraduate degree
- Passion for supporting others, bringing out their best, and somewhat obsessed with optimizing their work environment
- Someone fun, upbeat, confident; the biggest champion of our culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build meaningful relationships easily
- Someone who enjoys wearing their creative hat and proactively thinking about community engagement, solutions and process improvements
- Serious project management skills and enthusiasm about using them
- Someone tech savvy and a phenomenal Googler
- High proficiency with Office Suite and Google web apps
- Proficient in Quickbooks and in financial math
- Someone who cares deeply about what we do at Aleph Beta and sees its ability to be transformative in people’s lives
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Use “Office Manager / Executive Assistant” in the subject line.