Aleph Beta is seeking a talented leader and visionary to roll-up his or her sleeves and drive our marketing team. Customer-obsessed, passionate about Aleph Beta’s brand and mission, and data-driven, this person will create and manage campaigns that impact our highest level success metrics.
We have a loyal fan base and have experienced incredible growth. As Marketing Director, your job will be to turbo-charge that growth by creating an organized and unified marketing strategy. You have the tall task of managing a team, streamlining efforts in top of funnel growth, down funnel engagement, product design, branding and PR. You will have the challenge of working together with the executive team and the content team to make sure that the marketing efforts organically express our mission as a company.
The role promises high personal and professional growth. We are a company of creatives, and see to incorporate the values that we teach into our own company. We value focus, and a healthy work-life balance. We offer the opportunity to create a major impact on the world, and be well-compensated for your efforts.
This is a full time job that can be done from anywhere in the world, with the option to work out of Aleph Beta offices located in Inwood (Long Island), NY.
Aleph Beta is a growing non-profit media company producing high quality animated Torah videos and podcasts for teenagers and adults. We believe that Torah is meant to be our guide, but we don’t always know exactly how. No one reads Bible like it’s a self-help manual, right? Aleph Beta’s mission is to read the text closely, and to discover, in surprising ways, how the Torah isn’t just a rulebook, but a guidebook, one that has profound wisdom that is relevant and meaningful in our everyday lives.
Aleph Beta is unique in that it is technically a non-profit, but we are run as a startup. Working here affords you unique opportunities to hone your skills in a lean environment, focus on growth in what is essentially a SaaS business, and feel good about what you do for a living.
- Develop Aleph Beta’s marketing vision and strategy
- Manage the marketing team at Aleph Beta to develop and execute strategy
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Aleph Beta’s brand and what makes us different, and communicate that brand explicitly across platforms including website, social media and across messaging
- Conduct persona analysis and build marketing efforts to address key personas
- Create and execute a PR strategy that develops an awareness of Aleph Beta and drives traffic
- Oversee inbound marketing including SEO, email and social media strategy
- Drive Product Design and UX improvements
- Manage CRO and Down-funnel optimization with an eye toward maximizing user engagement and generating sales
- Overall responsibility for maximizing key metrics: MRR (revenue) and minutes watched (engagement), as well as the attendant lead metrics
- Toggle between talking brand, data-driven performance marketing, and product marketing. You know each discipline needs to coexist on the same team to drive an excellent marketing organization
- Collaborate closely with content teams to hone in on target market focus, explore additional markets, and establish foundation for long-term vision
What We Are Looking For
- Experience in a Digital Marketing or Technical Program Management role or proven web/online marketing and project management experience
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail. Must be comfortable tracking and analyzing data, and providing recommendations based on facts
- Ability to manage a wide array of responsibilities with a limited team and budget through relentless focus, prioritization, and communication
- Knowledge of marketing best practices (acquisition, automation, landing page design, content marketing, etc.)
- Flexibility with the changing priorities that come in a startup environment
- Experience leveraging Marketing Automation tools to drive leads through the funnel
- Demonstrated success in hiring, mentoring, coaching and retaining a high-performing results driven team. People want to work for you
- You care deeply about what we do at Aleph Beta and see its ability to be transformative in people’s lives
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Use “Marketing Director” in the subject line.