Aleph Beta is a growing non-profit media company producing high quality animated Torah videos and podcasts for teenagers and adults. We believe that Torah is meant to be our guide, but we don’t always know exactly how. No one reads Bible like it’s a self-help manual, right? Aleph Beta’s mission is to read the text closely, and to discover, in surprising ways, how the Torah isn’t just a rulebook, but a guidebook, one that has profound wisdom that is relevant and meaningful in our everyday lives.
The role promises great personal and professional growth. We offer a creative, self-directed work environment, with the opportunity to feel good about what you do for a living, and to create a major impact on the world.
The Executive Assistant provides efficient, experienced, and conscientious support to the Executive Team. The successful candidate is a self-motivated team player and a strong communicator, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
While day-to-day tasks will vary in this position, the right candidate will take on tasks big and small to allow the CEO and Managing Director to focus on the bigger picture components of their job and the business. In addition to taking on tasks as they arise, the EA will anticipate the needs of the Executive Team and create systems, organizational structures, and processes to help the company run smoothly and efficiently. The EA will help take ideas and turn them into actionable next steps, clear calendars, and help make sure the trains run on time.
Critical competencies for success
- Available (US (ET) hours) and reliable
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Tech savvy, knows google docs, spreadsheets, can learn new online tools
- Resourceful problem solver
- Ability to push back and to understand what is and is not achievable in a given time frame.
- Confidant, trustworthy, no gossip
Responsibilities(Day-to-day responsibilities will vary)
- Take notes, capture process, next actions in meetings, follow up and stay on top of things
- Collecting and driving a list of key decisions we need to make each day
- Taking on certain projects to research, manage and execute
- Managing calendar requests and scheduling
- File organization and knowledge management (Clean up google drive, Clean up dropbox, Update and centralize policies, Research and recommend policies)
- Cultivate and invest in remote culture (happy hours, events, movies, books, hikes, etc.)
- Track tools (Passwords, prices, etc.)
- Job postings, set-up onboarding, benefits, etc.
- Manage fundraising CRM
- Assisting CFO as needed in tracking down invoices, payroll, etc.
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@alephbeta.org. Use “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
This job is full-time, remote.