Aleph Beta is a growing non-profit media company producing high quality animated Torah videos and podcasts for teenagers and adults. We believe that Torah is meant to be our guide, but we don’t always know exactly how. No one reads Bible like it’s a self-help manual, right? Aleph Beta’s mission is to read the text closely, and to discover, in surprising ways, how the Torah isn’t just a rulebook, but a guidebook, one that has profound wisdom that is relevant and meaningful in our everyday lives.
The role promises great personal and professional growth. We offer a creative, self-directed work environment, with the opportunity to feel good about what you do for a living, and to create a major impact on the Jewish world.
Aleph Beta seeks a highly skilled editor to develop scripts for audio and video presentations. The editor will work closely with content creators by helping them develop and shape their ideas, and generate a professional and captivating script. They must be able to comprehend advanced Torah thoughts and ideas and make them accessible for a mass audience. The right candidate may be an avid consumer of podcasts, books, videos, and other popular forms of media. Storytelling ability is a must.
- Learn together with content creators to help develop and shape material
- Support host(s) in editorial selection, writing and story structure
- Work with executive producer to support the entire Aleph Beta editorial process as needed
- Repurpose existing content around new hooks and pain points through minimal editing of openings, endings and transitions
- Listen to longer audio presentations and: ○ outline and script edits ○ edit the audio for clarity and conciseness ○ suggest possible restructuring of audio presentation
- Guide the production of content to reflect the values and measurements of success of the organization
We are looking for someone who can think strategically and with empathy for the experience of our users. You must not be afraid to think outside the box and collaborate well with others. The ideal candidate will oversee our Conversion Specialist and our UI/UX designer to create the most optimized customer journey at any given time with the goal of increasing engagement and driving revenue.
What we are looking for
- Strong ability to structure a compelling and unique audio experience
- A love of Torah and podcasts
- The ability to turn content into an exciting, compelling story
- Someone with a knack for turning the conceptual into the actual, who is excited by translating ideas into actionable plans
- Exceptional writing and verbal skills
- Stubborn dedication to making things excellent
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@alephbeta.org. Use “Content Editor” in the subject line.