Social Media Producer
Job Description: Social Media Producer
About Us: Aleph Beta is a growing non-profit media company producing high-quality animated Torah videos and podcasts for teenagers and adults. We believe that Torah is meant to be a guide, but we don’t always know exactly how. No one reads the Bible like it’s a self-help manual, right? Aleph Beta’s mission is to read the text closely and to discover, in surprising ways, how the Torah isn’t just a rulebook but a guidebook, one that has profound wisdom that is relevant and meaningful in our everyday lives.
Aleph Beta is unique in that it is technically a non-profit, but we are run as a startup. Working here affords you unique opportunities to hone your skills in a lean environment, focus on growth in what is essentially a SaaS business, and feel good about what you do for a living.
The Job: Hi, it’s Imu, our CEO, writing to you, a bit unconventionally. I’m looking to hire a Social Media Producer and I’m a bit conflicted about it. Aleph Beta’s marketing strategy for the past few years has focused on email marketing, PPC, and conversions to paid subscribers. But we haven’t paid as much attention to lead acquisition and brand.
I’d love for that to change. I strongly believe that Aleph Beta has a fabulous mission: to help people fall in love with Torah text. And I think we’ve got a fabulous product, too: more than 1000 videos that delve into Torah text, showing its beauty, its depth, and its ability to truly guide your life. So I’m inclined to leverage social media to scream from the rooftops, as it were.
Why the conflict, then? Well, some of the advice I get tells me to hire a professional who has had successes in social media. Someone who has managed a brand previously with great outcomes. Or an influencer who has done a great job in their personal socials. And that makes sense to me. Except, when we do marketing here at Aleph Beta, I think that it's love, passion, and enthusiasm for the brand that “sell.” If you’re only a talented and successful social media professional, I'm not convinced that you’ll be able to enthusiastically share our Torah with our audience.
On the other hand, if you know what we do and you love it, and you’ve got a background in social media – well then, this job just may be for you.
So here is my master plan: I’m looking for someone with a gift for identifying the juiciest content, and sharing it on social media. The intent is to share incredible Torah with the masses for the purpose of attracting and engaging a larger audience for Aleph Beta.
We’re looking for someone who has a knack for creativity and is also a great writer, editor and producer to generate compelling content for our socials. You wouldn’t do it alone; you’d work with me, Rabbi Fohrman, and others, developing and sharing thought leadership and Torah content.
And how would you do this?
- Editing and adapting existing material from our vast library: You’d identify interesting pieces of content and work with a video editor, animator, designer, and other staff to adapt that content to make a compelling Instagram story, TikTok video, or YouTube video.
- Producing the Torah content or thought leadership of existing Aleph Beta scholars: You’d work with me, Rabbi Fohrman, and other scholars, pushing us and co-inventing content with us.
- On your own: Creating content that is a natural expression of Aleph Beta’s brand and methodology.
Aleph Beta has spent many years developing a beautiful paywalled library – sort of like a garden behind big gates, walls, some barbed wire, attack dogs, and circling helicopters. And that was good, and also necessary for us to ensure that we have the revenue to support the work that we do. Thank God, we’re in a position to lower those gates a bit, to share the wonderful resources we’ve spent years building with the wider world. Because we believe that learning Torah like this really changes people. It helps them fall in love with Torah and alters their relationship with God, with others, with the world, and with themselves. We’re passionate to share it, and it will be up to you to help us do that.
- Create engaging content for all platforms by:
- Leveraging Aleph Beta scholars
- Leveraging a major library of existing Aleph Beta content
- Creating and adapting new content
- Collaborating with the animation team to create trailers and other animated content
- Manage Facebook, Instagram and YouTube accounts, and look toward exploring a presence on Twitter and TikTok
- Support Aleph Beta’s Marketing Director in creating and executing a strategy for top-of-the-funnel user acquisition through social media
- Collaborate with influencers and others on social media to expand Aleph Beta’s reach and impact
- Plan and manage a social-media calendar
- Track engagement and metrics to assess what performed the best and consider how we can improve
What we are looking for in our Social Media Producer
- Experience and success in social media, demonstrated by a portfolio or linked socials
- A deep understanding of Aleph Beta content
- Incredible writing/producing skills: You have an instinct for what kind of content is compelling and how to seduce someone to stop scrolling and to engage in deep content
- Sharp editorial instincts: you can listen to an in-depth piece of content and zero in on the burning question or meaningful idea that’s really at its heart
- Creativity: Generate and share new ideas to increase organic interaction for Aleph Beta
- Passion for Aleph Beta’s Torah content and for our mission
- Aware of social-media trends and how to wield various platforms to encourage engagement with Torah
- Efficient and organized: Plan social calendar in advance and be an effective communicator internally and externally
This position is full-time and can be done anywhere in the world (remotely). If you think you’re a good fit, please email a cover letter, resume, and list of your major social-media successes with links to relevant posts or content to email@example.com.
Please be sure to put your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line.